At Access Power we have been delivering sustainable and reliable electricity to our customers across Africa and Central Asia.
Through our projects we aim to demonstrate that there should be no tradeoff between sustainability & affordability. We pursue success through commitment, resilience and innovation; finessing our capabilities and forging a solid path of experience and expertise in emerging and frontier markets.
We are thrilled to share with you our journey to date:
- Early Years (2011 - 2014): Access Power, started its journey as an integrated advisory platform for independent power projects (“IPP”) in the North Africa, Middle East, Turkey and Region (“NAMET”). At that time the company was known as Access Consultants. By 2014, Access Consultants was recognized as the leading IPP advisor in NAMET.
- The Transformation Year (2015): Access Power (known at the time as Access Energy Group or Access Power MEA) had transformed itself from an advisory business into a dedicated developer, owner and operator of renewable energy power plants.
- Fast Build-Up (2015 - 2019): In the four years between 2015 and 2019, Access Power would become a leading developer, owner and operator of renewable energy power plants in Africa (through its subsidiary Access Infra Africa limited) and in Central Asia (through its subsidiary Access Infra Central Asia).
- Partial Exit (2019): Access Power completed a successful exit by selling its operational assets to Total EREN, allowing Access Power to deploy substantial resources on its high value development assets.
- Restructuring (2020 - 2021): As the raging global COVID pandemic took over the world, Access Power continued to captiously invest into its development assets and prepare them for the post COVID era. A strategy that has already started paying off in Namibia and Zambia.